Swami Nityananda Brahmachari came like a “trailing cloud of glory” from Sargashram (Haridwar/Hrishikesh) and became enamoured with the shape of the then ‘Patra’ (a sprawling land) purchased it from its owners the local Mukherjee family and christened it ‘Manbhum Ananda Ashram’. Like a true Svant he espoused the cause of the local people then groveling in the quagmire of poverty, superstition and lack of educational facilities. The panacea he sought for and found was spread of education. He founded a ‘Chatuspathi’ and that turned out to be a torch to dispel the surrounding gloom and darkness. In fact, the Trust was in its embryonic form in his lifetime and on his demise it was registered as Manbhum Ananda Ashram Nityananda Trust bearing Registration No. S/3863 of 1959-1960. Our ‘ZERO HOUR’ commenced accordingly.